The Kintnersville Covered Bridge was one of the first bridges taken out of road service by the county and the state in late 1921.
The covered bridge spanned Neshaminy Creek on Easton Road, from Kintnersville to Riegelsville in Nockamixon Township. Its interior length was only 58 feet. A diagram and photo from 1919 show trolley tracks running next to the bridge.
By November 1921, state workers were working on adding a new highway when David Sutton was awarded a contract by Bucks County to build a replacement concrete bridge for about $5,000. That bridge was taken over by the state in 1930.
Pictures show the Kintnersville bridge differed from the typical Bucks County covered bridge because it used an arched design and had an open top course on its sidewalls.