One of two bridges that sat on County Line Road, the Line Lexington Bridge was also one of the last covered bridges to serve on a major arterial roadway.
Built by Bucks County in 1835, the bridge ran over the Neshaminy Creek between Eureka and Line Lexington in New Britain and Hatfield Townships. An extra floor beam was added in 1919 to handle heavier vehicles.
When the bridge was taken over by the Pennsylvania Department of Highways in January 1936, it was experiencing considerable road traffic and its 10-ton capacity was the most of any Bucks County covered bridge. A concrete bridge was added in its place.