What little is known about this short covered bridge is based chiefly on several photos from the late 1800s.
According to Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor, Samuel Rufe's Mill sat on the Delaware Canal at an area called The Narrows along the Delaware River. The mill produced hydraulic cement and later flour.
The Narrows, because of the 300-foot-high red shale cliffs or palisades near it, was an often photographed area at the end of the 19th century. The covered bridge extended over the canal near the mill.
The bridge was removed sometime in the early 1900s. It didn't appear in the 1919 Bucks County bridge records, so it may have been a private bridge.
For more information: http://www.delawareandlehigh.org/talesofthetowpath/delaware-canal/narrows/