The Aqueduct Bridge in Upper Makefield carried traffic over the Hough Creek. It was one of the shorter covered bridges in Bucks County and it also had trolley tracks that ran next to it.
The bridge appeared in county maintenance records for occasional repairs. In August 1919, county engineer Oscar Martin noted the bridge also had long approach ramps. Records show the bridge was built by the county in 1848.As of early 1939, the Aqueduct Bridge was still in road service. A report from February 1939 from the Bucks County Federation of Women’s Clubs listed it as 70 feet long. But the county had turned the bridge over to the state in 1938, and it was not listed as in service in various reports about covered bridges issued after World War II.